Our current culture glorifies a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mantra. You’re smart, strong, and experienced, but how does a DIY approach impact your career advancement as a Woman of Color in social work or human services leadership?
There are times when it makes perfect sense to DIY specific career areas. There are other times when you are stalling your success and elevation by doing things alone or on your own. The truth is what got you here won’t get you there. When you decide to play bigger, you must move differently for bigger to materialize.
- Are you feeling overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated?
- Have you been passed over for a promotion recently?
- Are you struggling to leverage your degree and your work experience?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed with building a strong team and managing up with your manager?
- Are you ready to transition from midlevel leadership to senior leadership?
There are career opportunities available that align perfectly with your values, lifestyle, and financial needs. I’m here to help you through all the challenges and self-imposed obstacles that surface when accelerating your leadership career. Your next leadership level requires visibility, positioning, communication, and initiative. Clarity, objectivity, empowering beliefs, connection, and new habits await.
Please stop trying to DIY your leadership career! You're not Superwoman and you don't have to do this alone! I've been in your shoes.
I can play several positions on your career winning team, including:
- Coach: Providing strategies, tools, and resources to help you level up in your career
- Cheerleader: Freely giving encouragement and pep talks while cheering for every win
- Teammate: Helping you score the winning point by serving as a reference, providing a recommendation, or helping you develop a project to highlight your skills
- Assistant Manager: Helping you evaluate your overall career success, document your wins, and develop an ongoing career acceleration strategy
- Trainer: teaching and training are my jam, and I will help you prepare for interviews and salary negotiations