Our current culture glorifies a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mantra. You’re smart, strong, and experienced, but what does DIY really mean for your career advancement as a Woman of Color in human services leadership?
There are times when it makes perfect sense to DIY specific career areas. There are other times when you are stalling your success and elevation by doing things alone or on your own. The truth is what got you here won’t get you there. When you decide to play bigger, you must move differently for bigger to materialize.
- Are you feeling overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated?
- Have you been passed over for a promotion recently?
- Are you struggling to put your degree to work?
- Do your coworkers look to you for leadership and answers but you don’t have a supervisory title?
There are career opportunities available that align perfectly with your values, lifestyle, and financial needs. I’m here to help you through all the challenges and self-imposed obstacles that surface when accelerating your career. Your next level requires visibility, positioning, communication, and initiative. Clarity, objectivity, empowering beliefs, connection, and new habits await.
Please stop trying to DIY your career! You're not Superwoman and you don't have to do this alone!
I can play several positions on your career winning team, including:
- Coach: Providing strategies, tools, and resources to help you level up in your career
- Cheerleader: Freely giving encouragement and pep talks while cheering for every win
- Teammate: Helping you score the winning point by serving as a reference or providing a recommendation
- Assistant Manager: Helping you evaluate your overall career success, document your wins, and develop an ongoing career acceleration strategy
- Trainer: teaching and training are my jam, and I will help you prep for interviews and salary negotiations.