The Career Stuff:
- I have over 20 years of direct service experience in program planning, community engagement, and group facilitation
- As a senior manager, I have hired, trained, and supervised direct service staff, interns, and volunteers for over a decade
- I am an adjunct professor at Trinity Washington University, where I earned my Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology
The Education Stuff:
- I earned my Master of Social Work from the University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Social Work with a concentration in Management and Community Organization and a specialization in Social Action and Community Development
The Entrepreneurship Stuff:
- I am the Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting
- I am a Social Work Career Coach for High-Performing Women of Color in Social Work Leadership
- I am a Leadership Consultant committed to organizational and employee wellness
The Legacy Stuff:
My social work career fulfillment includes building an intergenerational community on acres of farmland where vocational training and entrepreneurship are central
The Fun Stuff:
- I have LOVED New Edition since I heard Candy Girl in 1983
- I am a music lover who loves 80's hip hop (LL Cool J), 90's R&B (Babyface), and gospel (Fred Hammond)
- Reading is the ultimate self-care for me
- I love summer weather (I will take hazy, hot, and humid over snow any day of the year)
- I super love cupcakes and have eaten a cupcake in Washington, DC, and 16 of the 19 states where I've visited
- I really do run on cupcakes and Jesus
- I love to travel and consider my birthday a national holiday that should be celebrated with a great trip
My Love Letter To Women of Color in Social Work Leadership
All work created by Nicki Sanders, The Teen Toolbox, Packaged For Success, or Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting on this website are copyrighted materials and not for reproduction or use without expressed written consent. Copyrighted materials include writings, photographs, images, videos, and products.
© 2023 ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.
13 thoughts on “Meet Nicki”
Wish I’d had you and your services for my grandson from beginning of 9th grade!!! Ian just finished his first semester at Frostburg U. with a 2.8 GPA. He did just fine away from his Mom and me! Please continue your work with our youngsters, they are worth it.
You were such an amazing teacher and an AWESOME supporter. Thank you for decades of encouragement and for continuing to work on behalf of your grandson Ian and all youth!
I follow you on twitter and I just love what you do and what you stand for. Our children need a voice and you are that voice. Many, many, many students do not have direction; therefore their decision making is blurred. You give them direction and guidance. Keep up the good work.
Thank you Sheri. I am grateful to be able to have a platform to speak out for our children and help guide them toward purposeful decision making.
And I am definitely following your awesome work as well!
Your work is valued from afar! I will support you in any way that I can. I love the Pack a Purse Drive! Keep me posted about if you decide to host it before the Christmas Season. I will share your information with my Michigan contacts. Kudos on walking the walk!!!
Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I am following you on Twitter and am inspired by your work as well. I look forward to staying connected and will definitely keep you posted on the Pack A Purse. Wishing you continued success. — Nicki
Thank you for blogging about my book. I appreciate it.
Nicki, you are such an inspiration! I am so proud of you and your work! You are making such a difference, I’m sure you don’t even know! Keep up the good work. The world is a scary and sometimes dangerous place for our youth and having a solid, positive mentor/support system is CRITICAL. I pray for the continued success of all your endeavors.
Thank you so much. That means a great deal.
Nice. I was in Human Resources for a million years before starting my own company. It’s so nice to see someone to caring who wants to help and make a difference.
Thank you Sabrina. I look forward to staying connected>
I tell you I am so Proud of you, You don’t just think about it you find a way to make it work, Most & best of it is that it’s not just for You it’s for others more so, Big Blessing to you for what You Do, Much Love..
THANK YOU!!! I sincerely appreciate it!!!