Can you believe that this is the 16th year of our Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive?
The global coronavirus pandemic has made us reflect and refine in ways we could not have imagined. Covid-19 has permanently changed many facets of society and how we navigate our world. Welcome to our new normal.
Since my ultimate goal is to secure a permanent location where purse and personal hygiene donations can be secured year-round (believe with me), I have decided to continue collecting donations and supporting teen girls in foster care in the same way we did over the last two years. I will not gather donors and volunteers together for a Purse Packing Party in 2022.
The drive will continue, and you can still get involved.
Here are 4 ways you can support teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters:
- Sponsor an agency – Purchase new donations then visit the agency website and follow their procedures for making/delivering donations directly to the selected agency.
- Host a shower – Follow the baby shower format with your close friends and family if you are comfortable hosting small gatherings and deliver directly to the selected agency.
- Become an Ambassador – Collect NEW purses, backpacks, and toiletries from friends and family and deliver directly to the selected organization.
- Make a financial donation – You can donate to the Pack A Purse™ Drive through Paypal and I will purchase and deliver NEW items. I will not be accepting or delivering used donations this year. Donate via PayPal.
There are 5 agencies that we support annually for both the Pack A Backpack™ Drive and the Pack A Purse™ Drive and I hope we can support them again this year. Many agencies are no longer accepting used donations. Please DO NOT collect and distribute any used donations in the name of our Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive.
I am available to support and assist with information, strategy, and problem-solving. Feel free to contact me with questions related to execution. I will be purchasing new items and making deliveries as well.
If you choose to follow my recommendations and get involved in new ways this year, the Pack A Purse™ Drive will be open from November 1, 2022 – December 3, 2022.
The 2022 goal is 100 filled purses and bags:
- Feminine Hygiene items (individually wrapped)
- New purses, backpacks, and tote bags
Foster Homes, Group Homes, and Homeless Shelters
It is my hope that each of our 5 agencies will receive at least 20 filled purses for a total. The 5 agencies we will support are:
- Hearts & Homes for Youth
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork
- Prince George’s County Department of Social Services Independent Living Program
- WIN Family Services
- National Center for Children and Families
Because of YOU, Pack A Purse™ Drive has collected and distributed 8,310 purses (plus many hundreds of wallets and cosmetic bags) to 72 youth-serving organizations over 15 holiday seasons (2007-2021).
Thank you for years of support and flexibility!!
Nicki Sanders, MSW, ushers high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.