What has been consistent in my career endeavors is using my platform and voice to empower, teach and connect.
Empower.Teach.Connect has been my professional mantra for years (different than my professional mission statement).
2007 – Empowering social workers and future social workers in a formal capacity as hiring manager and supervisor
2013 – Empowering social workers and future social workers as an internship supervisor and mentor
2014 – Empowering social workers and future social workers as an undergraduate professor
2015 – Empowering social workers and future social workers by teaching strategies through professional development training and individual coaching
Annual Social Work Month Blog Series:
2018 – Women in Social Work
2019 – Women Social Work Managers
2022 – Millennial Women Social Workers
2021 – Women Social Work Entrepreneurs
My Social Work Career Coaching Framework:
- Define social work career success on your own terms
- Social workers do not take a vow of poverty
- Social work skills are high-income skills
- Social work skills are highly transferable
- Professional burnout is not a rite of passage
My Leadership Philosophy:
- Leadership is a privilege
- Leadership is about impact and influence, not a title
- Leadership is earned, not demanded
- Leadership is about transformation, not transactions
- Great leaders create more great leaders
- Do you desire someone to coach and support you on your leadership journey?
- Are you looking for someone to present their career story of being a first-gen student, nontraditional student, or student parent?
- Still seeking a consultant or trainer on leadership development, employee engagement, or leveraging your degree and skills?
- Researching panelists, guests, or facilitators for your podcast, YouTube channel, social media show, or group?
Schedule a 20-minute consultation and let’s discuss the best ways to work together.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is committed to career development, professional development, and organizational development. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki supports high-performing women of color in social work leadership in developing careers that feed their hearts, minds, and wallets. She has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams, volunteer recruitment and retention, and social impact programming. Nicki is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. She is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2024 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.