Did You Know…
- March is Social Work Month
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- May is National Foster Care Month
Our Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive begins on Monday, April 1, 2019 and ends on Monday, May 6, 2019. We are collecting backpacks (and duffel bags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen boys in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. Backpacks will be delivered in May during National Foster Care Month. Our goal is 150 filled backpacks.
New and gently used backpacks will be accepted.
Only new and unopened personal hygiene items accepted.
New personal hygiene items needed include:
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Backpack™ Drive:
- We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Backpack™ Drive. Churches, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
- We would love to connect with fraternities, men’s ministries and other men’s groups, male mentoring groups, coaches, and sports teams.
- We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers needed!
- We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags, so donations of large, durable shopping bags are needed.
If you want to host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Backpack™ Drive collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Backpack™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with Packaged for Success.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used backpacks; discard items that are not in good condition.
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Nicki Sanders, CEO.
Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2019
April 1, 2019 – May 6, 2019
Donations may be mailed to: Pack A Backpack Drive, 6801 Oak Hall Lane, #6368, Columbia, MD 21045
Thank you in advance for joining us by donating, collecting, and sharing with your professional network.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a travel and cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career advancement. She has an extensive background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished supervisor, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Consulting helps businesses increase employee recruitment and retention and helps managers uplevel their leadership skills.
© 2019 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.