I am a Social Work Career Empowerment Coach committed to eliminating the old narrow view of social work. My goal is that you, as a social worker, are empowered to believe that you can do anything that you want to do with your social work degree. I offer strategies and resources to help social workers achieve career fulfillment.
I help high-performing Women of Color in social work leadership achieve career fulfillment by getting clear on what they want, elevating their confidence, and centering their accomplishments. I recognize that Women of Color in social work leadership struggle with doubt and visibility in the workplace. As a Black woman in social work leadership who previously dimmed her light, I am passionate about helping high-performing women social workers increase their confidence, honor their achievements, and level up in their careers.
Strategic Career Management is the lifelong process of investing resources into your career to maintain or increase your value in the workplace, undertake work that is personally satisfying, strive for work/life balance, and achieve financial security. The 3 pillars in my Strategic Career Management framework are clarity, credibility, and congruency.
Personal development, a strengths-based perspective, a growth mindset, and calculated risks are the cornerstone of my own career. I am consistent in expressing my beliefs and opinions as a professional and as a coach.
- My career philosophy has been shared with the same messages for decades – no matter the population I was speaking to.
- If you’ve worked with me, coached with me, or been taught by me in any way (classroom, workshops, conferences, mentorship, blog articles, social media), I say the same things in different ways, but I’m always saying the same things.
- My life is my message. I practice what I preach and lead by example.
- You are a brand, and your career is your business.
- You don’t have to accept being overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated.
- You deserve to do work that feeds your heart, mind, and wallet.
- Career fulfillment is possible for you and available to you.
- Leadership is a privilege
- Leadership is about impact and influence, not a title
- Leadership is earned, not demanded
- Leadership is about transformation, not transactions
- Great leaders create more great leaders
- Define social work career success on your own terms.
- Social workers do not take a vow of poverty.
- Social work skills are high-income skills.
- Social work skills are highly transferable.
ARE YOU READY TO LEVEL UP?
Schedule a 15-minute consultation and let’s discuss:
- Strategies to build a long-term, successful social work career
- How to implement more order, options, and operations in your company
- Ways to introduce, implement, or improve impactful workforce development programs
Nicki Sanders, MSW, supports high-performing women of color in social work leadership in developing careers that feed their hearts, minds, and wallets. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams, volunteer recruitment and retention, and social impact programming. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2023 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.