- Are you feeling stuck in your current situation?
- Are you questioning whether you have what it takes to land a better job?
- Are you struggling to maintain your composure in the workplace?
- Are you in a job where you feel overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated?
Do you wish there was someone you could talk to who understands the complexity of your current emotions?
Sometimes our job environments get so bad that we feel like we’re all alone.
Being micromanaged, or in a low-paying job, or excluded from key projects can lead to embarrassment, guilt, and/or shame. These negative emotions may cause you to question yourself or feel like no one else is or has been in a similar situation. The truth is that is not true. I know how it feels because I have felt it too! You are not the only one and criticizing yourself rarely provides the motivation you need to remove yourself from a toxic workplace. You can hold yourself accountable without blame and judgment. You do not deserve to be mistreated, exploited, or ostracized. What you need is support, strategy, and separation.
The last 3 years have felt like a ride on a merry-go-round. I feel like I have had movement (professionally) without reaching a new destination. I feel like I was getting back to the leadership work with women and girls that I love and then we were sideswiped by the coronavirus pandemic. We shifted into a virtual world that not only did not feel natural and normal to me, and it also didn’t feel like my calling.
The last 3 years have felt like a rollercoaster ride. Moving at high speeds with twists and turns and ups and downs. I am not here to bash myself. I have not been stagnant, but I also haven’t been as focused and consistent in my actions, activities, and ultimate assignment as pre-pandemic Nicki.
Over the last 3 years, I have experienced fear and faith, hurt and healing, randomness and revelation, rejection and reflection, and rebirth, rebranding, and rebounding. TODAY, I am once again standing flat-footed in my power and purpose as a leader.
- I AM a social work career coach for high-performing Women of Color in social work leadership with a master’s degree in social work and over 20 years of diverse experience in the field who has not only built a strong social work career on my terms but also provided training, strategy, resources to countless other successful professionals.
- I AM a social work leader with 15 years of leadership and management experience and proven success in recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and training employees, interns, and volunteers. I am a leader’s leader with a track record of building cultures of inclusivity, empowerment, and productivity as well as successful, multi-disciplinary teams that excel in their respective fields of practice.
- I AM a connector. As an advocate of women and girls, your voice is important to me. I am committed to creating safe spaces and building communities for self-discovery, self-reflection, and self-expression.
- I AM a passionate teacher and trainer. I am a life-long learner who has a gift for simplifying complex concepts, exploring ways to put theory into practice, and engaging participants in the learning process.
I AM combining over 20 years of education, training, experience, independent study, scholarly research, and joy into Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting with newfound focus, faithfulness, and fortitude.
YOU are welcome to join me on this journey of elevation and expansion.
What will it look like?
- Individual and Group Career Coaching for Social Workers
- Professional Development Training
- Executive Roundtables, Community Engagement, and Retreats
- Workbooks and Journals
Stay Tuned…Doors Opening SOON…
Nicki Sanders, MSW, ushers high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.