Can you believe it’s been an entire decade?!
Join Us in Supporting Teens Girls in Foster Care 2016
Our 10th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive begins November 1, 2016 and ends December 5, 2016. We are collecting purses (totes and other handbags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. Our goal is to collect 1,000 purses which will be delivered before Christmas Day.
Only new and gently used purses will be accepted.
- New personal hygiene items needed: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, soap, lotion
- Also accepting: shampoo, lotion, lip balm, hand sanitizer
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Purse™ Holiday Drive. #GetInvolved
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Purse™ Drive. Churches, hair salons, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.
2016 Pack A Purse™ Drive Goal: 1,000 purses
If you want to host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Purse™ Drive collection success:
- Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
- Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
- Publicize Pack A Purse™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai and Packaged for Success.
- Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition
- Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!
JOIN US On Social Media:
SAVE THE DATES:
10th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive
November 1, 2016 – December 5, 2016
Purse Packing Party: December 10, 2016
Goal: 1,000 purses
Nicki Sanders (301) 744-8018
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an Adjunct Professor with an extensive background in developing and managing internship programs. She is a skilled program manager, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and 20 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2016 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.