2007 – Assistant Director of school-based social service program
2008 – Master of Social Work degree from the University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Social Work
2008 – Director of Programs for school-based positive youth development program
2013 – Launched my first internship program and became an internship supervisor
2014 – Adjunct Professor in an undergraduate Human Relations department
There is so much that happened, before, during, and after these featured dates and I am super grateful for all the joys, challenges, and opportunities I’ve experienced throughout my career.
As you know, I am committed to only doing work that I love with organizations that live a mission aligned with mine. With a commitment to social justice, equity, and organizational wellness, I am open to exploring both remote and hybrid employment and consulting opportunities in Howard County and the surrounding metropolitan area. I am also booking speaking engagements.
My career success includes work in residential, school-based, and community-based programs including public health programs. I am experienced in offering trauma-informed services and management of staff serving high-trauma populations. I am also an undergraduate professor of nontraditional college students and an internship supervisor with extensive experience in high-level operation and management of youth development programs. I am an experienced researcher and trainer with extensive experience providing information and resources to multiple stakeholders including government officials, board members, program staff, and clients.
Consider these additional highlights of my qualifications:
- Successfully analyzing and managing budgets, schedules, grants, staffing requirements, and general program tasks to comprehensively orchestrate all facets of ongoing program operations and success as the Program Director for various organizations.
- Leading program evaluation and measurement and data implementation for program management and development.
- Directing staff hiring, training, and mentoring functions while ensuring adherence to program quality standards and ethical guidelines.
- Developing solid, trusting relationships with community agencies, academic institutions, internal/external stakeholders, and boards of directors.
- Utilizing superior organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and time management skills to drive program efficiency and effectiveness.
Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting is a professional training and development company that provides leadership development training to corporations, entrepreneurs, and nonprofit organizations.
- Provides coaching and mentorship to high-performing women in human services leadership.
- Assists businesses in recruiting, hiring, training, and retaining exceptional employees.
- Development and management of successful social impact, youth development, volunteer, and internship programs.
- Training and presentations on professional and personal development and organizational wellness.
As a Social Work Career Empowerment Coach, I am committed to eliminating the narrow, outdated view of social work and championing the power of highly transferable, high-income social work skills. I specialize in helping high-performing Women of Color in social work leadership achieve career fulfillment by getting clear on what they want, elevating their confidence, and centering their accomplishments.
Thank you in advance for any recommendations or introductions you can offer. Please also feel free to forward this post to your professional network.
Schedule a free 20-minute consultation to discuss ways that I can support your personal and professional endeavors.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, supports high-performing women of color in social work leadership in developing careers that feed their hearts, minds, and wallets. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams, volunteer recruitment and retention, and social impact programming. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2023 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.