Set Boundaries: Make Yourself Your Priority
Remember that we agreed to dedicate the month of October to discovering and eliminating our limiting beliefs! Today we are focusing on our self-perception which can often lead to silencing ourselves, people-pleasing, and loose boundaries.
Healthy boundaries are important in both our personal and professional lives. Healthy boundaries allow us to say NO to things we don’t want, not take everything on, and draw a distinction between what is acceptable and what is not. Healthy boundaries allow us to feel safe, protected, and valued. Strong boundaries are a way to take care of ourselves – to practice self-care. Setting strong boundaries may be difficult or uncomfortable, but they are always worth it in the end.
Take one (quotes below) and use it as needed.
- “Every woman that finally figured out her worth has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.” -Unknown
- “No” is a complete sentence.” ― Annie Lamott
- “Those who become upset with your boundaries, are the ones who were benefiting from you not setting any.” ― Christine E. Szymanski
- “The most important distinction anyone can ever make in their life is between who they are as an individual and their connection with others.” ― Anné Linden
- “Having healthy boundaries not only requires being able to say “no”, but also being willing and able to enforce that “no” when necessary.” ― Jessica Moore
- “The more you value yourself, the healthier your boundaries are.” ― Lorraine Nilon
- “It’s no good to physically distance yourself from someone in your life, if you’re just gonna let them live in your mind.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “You are the one that needs to have your own best interest at heart.” ― Adelyn Birch
- “You playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so others won’t feel insecure around you. As you let your own light shine, you indirectly give others permission to do the same.” – Marianne Williamson
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a Career and Empowerment Strategist who helps high-performing women of color in management go from overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated to energized, well paid, and appreciated. Through Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, she also helps businesses recruit, hire, train, and retain great employees. Nicki has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life she loves. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2021 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.