Tips for Internship Assignments
- Assign tasks that relate to your intern’s education and career goals.
- Assign a starter project to get your intern acclimated to your company and build confidence.
- Assign a long-term project to encourage autonomy, collaboration, and tie the internship experience together.
- Assign a variety of tasks and projects to maximize learning and avoid boredom.
- All internship assignments should have deadlines.
- Break assignments into small tasks and assign into industry categories.
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an Adjunct Professor with a passion for business and career development. She has an extensive background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is a skilled manager, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2017 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.