Today is Monday and the first day of the month of May.
- National Mental Health Month
- National Walking Month
- Small Business Month
“I don’t want a life that I need a vacation escape from. I claim a life full of joy, peace, and adventure.” – Nicki Sanders, Facebook, 5/1/23
I began working in school-based programs (and consequently on a school-year schedule) in 2000. There was always some end-of-year celebration and reflection no matter the agency, my role, or the population of students I served. June became my unofficial end of the year and September became my unofficial new year.
Whether I was wrapping up a group, drafting a final report, completing performance reviews, planning a summer activity, or administering posttests, I began to feel an “itch” for something new. I began to ask myself annually, “What is my next challenge”. Asking myself this question is how I shifted from The Teen Toolbox to Packaged For Success to Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting. Asking myself this question is how I became an adjunct professor. After two years of pandemic hibernation, I’m excited to be asking myself this question again. I will definitely share the new download when the answer comes!!
Here is a recap of what I decided in March that I want to do more of in 2023?
1. Accepting more private leadership development/career coaching clients.
2. Welcoming more consulting clients – leadership development, burnout prevention, employee recruitment and retention, internship program development, and corporate social responsibility/social impact programs.
3. More speaking, teaching, and training – accepting conference recommendations and online (podcast, YouTube, and internet series) and offline (panel discussions, brunches, and women’s group) invitations.
4. Serving as a guest lecturer for national school of social work classes and student-led organizations and events. (Top of my fall semester list are Alabama A&M University, Tuskegee University, Alabama State University, and NASW Alabama chapters)
What are your goals or intentions for the month of May?
What is the next professional challenge you will undertake?
Nicki Sanders, MSW, supports high-performing women of color in social work leadership in developing careers that feed their hearts, minds, and wallets. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams, volunteer recruitment and retention, and social impact programming. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2023 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.