Since 2007, JaMai Sanders (It’s Productive and Pampered) has organized this annual drive and collected and delivered 6,129 purses to 60 organizations that support teen girls in group homes, foster care, and homeless shelters.
Our 12th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive began on November 1, 2018 and ends December 3, 2018.
Please help us to collect and fill purses (totes and other handbags) with personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters.
Our plan is always to deliver all donations to agencies before Christmas Day.
- Only new and very gently used purses will be accepted.
- Only new personal hygiene items accepted.
Personal Hygiene Items We Are Requesting:
- toothbrush toothpaste mouthwash
- deodorant soap lotion
- individually wrapped feminine panty liners, sanitary pads, and tampons
We will also accept: shampoo, conditioner and hand sanitizer
Only new and gently used purses in good condition are accepted. Trendy and stylish purses are good, but dark, solid colors are best. Trial size and regular size personal care items/toiletries are accepted. Packaged For Success (formerly The Teen Toolbox) co-sponsors this annual drive. Our nonprofit sponsor this year is Glory Soldiers Global.
- 12th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive: November 1, 2018 – December 3, 2018
- Annual Purse Packing Party: Saturday, December 8, 2018
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Purse™ Holiday Drive.
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Purse™ Drive. Churches, hair salons, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.
If you want to become an Ambassador and host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Purse™ Drive collection success:
- Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
- Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
- Publicize Pack A Purse™ Collaboration — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. It is essential that you acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai Sanders, It’s Productive and Pampered, and/or Packaged for Success Enterprises.
- Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition.
- Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
Contact us to become an Ambassador, sponsor, donor, or volunteer.
Office: (301) 744-8018
JOIN US On Social Media: #packapursedrive2018
SAVE THE DATES:
11th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive: November 1, 2018 – December 3, 2018
Purse Packing Party: Saturday, December 8, 2018
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a travel and cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career advancement. She has an extensive background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished manager, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into Packaged For Success Enterprises, a full-service training and professional development company.
© 2018 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.