How do you fill vacancies sooner, spend less time onboarding and retraining, and increase employee retention? With a strong internship program. A strong internship program allows businesses to have a continuous pool of committed, qualified candidates. A strong internship program requires a strong internship manager.
25 Characteristics of a Great Internship Manager:
- Good Listener
- Good Listener
- Public Speaker
- Positive Attitude
- Desire to Serve
Wisdom for Managers:
- Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice. -Anton Chekhov
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela
- Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who’ll argue with you. -John Wooden
- The way you see people is the way you treat them, and the way you treat them is what they become. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -Jimi Hendrix
- Hire people who are better than you are, then leave them to get on with it. Look for people who will aim for the remarkable, who will not settle for the routine. -David Ogilvy
- Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -Carl Jung
- The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions. -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, and how you’re led. – Steve Jobs
- Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them. –Paul Hawken.
- Managers: Be Interviewed for Conversations with Nicki Sanders
- Join Marvelous Managers, Successful Supervisors on Facebook
- When You Learn, Teach. When You Teach, Learn.
- Book Review: The Dream Manager by Matthew Kelly
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a travel and cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career development. She has a strong background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished manager, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2018 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.