Through the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS), the Children’s Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, collects data from the States about children who enter and exit foster care and children who are adopted from foster care. According to AFCARS FY 2017 data, as of August 10, 2018, the number of children and youth in foster care on September 30, 2017 was 442,995. Fifty-two percent (52%) are male.
April is National Volunteer Month!! Let’s get involved!
Our Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive begins TODAY, April 1, 2019 and ends on May 6, 2019.
Once again, we are collecting backpacks (and duffel bags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen boys in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters.
Where are the children and teens?
- Foster Family Home (Non-relative): 195,360
- Group Home: 24,472
- Institution: 29,438
- Supervised Independent Living: 4,944
Backpacks will be delivered in May during National Foster Care Month. Our goal is 150 filled backpacks.
New and gently used backpacks will be accepted.
ONLY new and unopened personal hygiene items accepted.
New personal hygiene items needed include:
We hope you will collaborate with us during Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2019:
- We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Backpack™ Drive. Churches, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
- MEN’S GROUPS! We would love to connect with fraternities, men’s ministries and other men’s groups, male mentoring groups, coaches, and sports teams.
- We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers needed – especially MALE VOLUNTEERS!
- We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags, so donations of large, durable shopping bags are needed.
By sponsoring Pack A Backpack Drive™ 2019, Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners can:
- Give back to your community
- Promote your brand
- Share your mission
If you want to host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2019 collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Backpack™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with Nicki Sanders Consulting.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used backpacks; discard items that are not in good condition.
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Nicki Sanders, CEO.
Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2019
April 1, 2019 – May 6, 2019
Donate By Mail: Pack A Backpack Drive, 6801 Oak Hall Lane, #6368, Columbia, MD 21045
Financial Contributions: Can be made via PayPal.
Thank you in advance for joining us by donating, collecting, and sharing with your family and professional network.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a travel and cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career advancement. She has an extensive background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished supervisor, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Consulting helps businesses increase employee recruitment and retention and helps managers uplevel their leadership skills.
© 2019 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.