Annual Pack A Backpack Drive™ Begins April 1, 2018
Our Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive begins April 1, 2018 and ends on May 6, 2018. We are collecting backpacks (and duffel bags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen boys in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. Backpacks will be delivered in May during National Foster Care Month. Our goal is 150 filled backpacks.
New and gently used backpacks will be accepted.
Only new and unopened personal hygiene items accepted.
New personal hygiene items needed include:
- Hand Sanitizer
Foster Care Statistics:
- Kids who enter the foster care system after the age of 12 have a 2 in 5 chance of being legally emancipated at the age of 18 from the system.
- More than 40% of the children who reach the age of 18 while in foster care were in the system for more than 3 years.
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Backpack™ Drive:
- We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Backpack™ Drive. Churches, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
- We would love to connect with fraternities, men’s ministries and other men’s groups, male mentoring groups, coaches, and sports teams.
- We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers needed!
- We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
- We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of durable large bags are needed.
If you want to host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Backpack™ Drive collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Backpack™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with Packaged for Success.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used backpacks; discard items that are not in good condition.
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
- Teens Need Families, Adopt US Kids
- 51 Useful Aging Out of Foster Care Statistics, National Foster Youth Institute
Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2018
April 1, 2018 – May 6, 2018
Donations may be mailed to: Packaged For Success, 6801 Oak Hall Lane, #6368, Columbia, MD 21045
Thank you in advance for joining us by donating, collecting, and sharing with your professional network.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career development. She has a strong background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished manager, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2018 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.