Mental clutter is anything that prevents you from thinking clearly. Mental clutter can negatively impact your career, relationships and life. Mental clutter can be caused by busyness, stress, indecisiveness or worry. It can decrease and limit your productivity. Identifying the causes of mental clutter will allow you to address and manage it. What could you accomplish if your mental space were free from clutter, chaos, and confusion? If you desire more peace, calm, enjoyment, and productivity, clearing mental clutter is a great place to start.
6 Ways to Clear Mental Clutter:
- Disconnect – Avoid overstimulation. Disconnect from technology. Being accessible and connected 24 hours a day is mentally and emotionally draining. Eliminate the distractions of television, social media, email, and smartphones by unplugging from them periodically.
- Prioritize – Be clear on what you want for your life. Make time for the things that matter most to you.
- Practice Mindfulness – Your brain isn’t built to split its attention in too many directions. Focus. Learn to be present in every moment. Giving your full attention to the things you are engaged in eliminates mental exhaustion and frustration.
- Get Organized – Your environment plays a big part in your overall mental health. A space that feels and looks clean will facilitate a more balanced mindset and lifestyle. Letting go of and organizing material items clears your mind, soul and your home.
- Write – No need to keep everything stored in your brain. Writing your thoughts, worries, hopes, and experiences frees you from the chatter in your brain. Writing your to-do list in a calendar or planner clears mental space. Releasing is healing.
- Rest – Just like your body, your brain needs to rest and recharge in order to perform at its best.
Do you need a tool to prevent you from depending solely on your memory for important details for your work, save yourself time when you update your employment materials, and assess your career to create a unique value proposition? I created the Career Achievement Log Toolkit to help you document your accomplishments, alleviate stress and give you an immediate confidence boost.
If you are ready to document your career achievements so that you can start to clear your mental clutter and leverage your career experience, grab the Career Achievement Log Toolkit HERE.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a travel and cupcake lover with an aptitude for authentic connection and career design. She has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and over 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting helps businesses recruit and retain the best employees and helps women in mid-level management design the careers of their dreams.
© 2020 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.