Our career theme for February is self-love. Self-love incorporates making yourself a priority, treating yourself well, and eliminating people, places, and things that are not good for your overall health.
Yesterday, concluded my 14-Day ‘Self-Love Includes Career Advancement Challenge’ on #Instagram. From February 1-14, 2021, I shared daily tips to enhance career preparation and increase career options.
How many of these Career Development Strategies did you implement?
- Update your resume and cover letter
- Record your accomplishments
- Speak up in meetings
- Define success on your own terms
- Take your full lunch break
- Research the salary for the position you want
- Document your professional achievements
- End the workday on time
- Schedule a meeting with your supervisor
- Ask for more responsibility by taking on a stretch project
- Don’t procrastinate today
- Nurture your professional network
- Enroll in a professional development activity
- Hire a career coach – You don’t have to struggle or wander aimlessly or alone on your career journey any longer. A career coach can assist you with eliminating limiting beliefs, creating a career advancement plan, upgrading your skills, increasing your earning potential, leveraging your network, identifying employment obstacles, and resolving employment challenges. What is your most pressing employment issue today?
Careers are fluid and career accelerators must be flexible. Although the challenge has officially ended, it is not too late for you to implement any of the strategies. You can also register for a Career Activation Strategy Session which is a great way to incorporate career development into your self-love plan. With a Career Activation Strategy Session, you receive 60 minutes of uninterrupted time with me to develop methods to accelerate and strengthen your career. You and I will work together to generate ideas and creative solutions to your employment questions, issues or interests while developing customized strategies to help you reach your next career goal.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a Career and Empowerment Strategist who helps high-performing women of color in management go from overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated to energized, well paid, and appreciated. Through Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, she also helps businesses recruit, hire, train, and retain great employees. Nicki has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life she loves. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2021 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.