I am proud that I have built a 20-year career (twelve in management) doing exactly what I dreamed of doing when I enrolled in my freshman year of college. I have been able to utilize my skills and education in program development and management, strategic planning, community engagement, positive youth development, and training and facilitation to make a positive impact in the lives of hundreds of youth, families, students, and professionals. I possess the expertise and commitment that employers value and I am using my capabilities to build the business of my dreams.
Director of Programs (eleven years)
Provide comprehensive leadership of all programs. Hire, supervise, and train diverse team of program staff, consultants, interns, and volunteers for positive youth development organization that delivers social emotional learning programs to teen girls of color in 20 public middle and high schools in Montgomery County and Washington, DC.
Program Development and Management
- Assures that staff is qualified, continually challenged, appropriately trained, and performing high quality work
- Develop and manage staffing, strategic program planning, evaluation and implementation plan
- Develop annual program budget and oversee program expenditures
- Plan and develop youth leadership program, ambassador program, alumnae program, and youth advocacy platform
- Research relevant issues to establish and maintain high quality programs that incorporate best practices
Partnership and Community Outreach/Fundraising and Marketing Support
- Collaborate with Development staff and CEO in preparation of grant proposals and reports
- Explore grant opportunities to support current programs and expand programs in alignment with organization’s strategic objectives
- Serve as main point of contact for service collaborations, partnerships, and programming requests
- Lead program expansion plan including out of school time initiatives, school identification, and program partnerships that doubled number of program participants
- Coordinate, host site visits, and deliver presentations to government and foundation funders
- Assist in developing program reports, briefings, newsletters, and other collateral materials
- Developed internship program that included partnerships with four universities
Evaluation and Monitoring
- Lead the process of adapting and improving programs
- Manage the collection of program data on services, target population and outcomes
- Convene evaluation team to analyze results and refine monitoring tools and evaluation process to ensure alignment with goals and objectives
- Use data from program reports to identify successes and challenges to inform ongoing program goals and decisions
Assistant Director (one year)
Served as a member of the senior leadership team and as the second-in-command for a school-based program that provided accessible services to children and families in Montgomery County, MD.
- Supervised a staff of fourteen that included site coordinators, case managers, and community service aides at various locations
- Assisted Director in the hiring and orientation of new staff
- Provided individual and group supervision to staff
- Assessed staff training needs and developed plan for staff to attain necessary training
- Provided oversight of programs, contracts, and agency compliance
- Monitored client recruitment efforts and community outreach initiatives
Master of Social Work, University of Maryland School of Social Work, Baltimore, MD
Concentration: Management and Community Organization
Specialization: Social Action and Community Development
-Supervision and Leadership Management Seminar
-Advancing Youth Development for Supervisors
-Strengthening Your Supervisory Skills
I had the pleasure of working under Nicki Sanders as a Program Coordinator and Program Manager at Crittenton Services of Greater Washington (Crittenton). As a recent Master of Public Health graduate, I was excited for the opportunity to use my public health skillsets to improve the health outcomes of teen girls in my hometown. Throughout my four years at Crittenton, Nicki helped me grow professionally by creating a work environment that allowed me to explore my talents and pursue my passion while advancing the mission of the organization. The nature of our work was emotionally challenging, and Nicki consistently emphasized the importance of self-care, often sharing that we cannot pour into our participants from an empty cup. Although I have moved on from the organization to pursue a doctoral degree, I am grateful to have had the opportunity to start my career under Nicki’s leadership and mentorship. I am confident that my experience at Crittenton has not only influenced my research interests but has also shaped my identity as an adolescent health practitioner. -Sharyn Dougherty, MPH, CHES, Doctoral Student, Virginia Commonwealth University Social and Behavior Sciences
Nicki Sanders was my internship supervisor the second year of my Master of Social Work program. Ms. Nicki is one of the best supervisors I’ve ever had in my professional career as she challenged me, showed confidence in me, and was very encouraging. I appreciate the care Ms. Nicki showed and her desire to make sure everyone on her team was heard and seen. She was motivating and cared greatly about the development, both personal and professional, of her staff. -Sydney Wilson, MSW, Parent Engagement Manager, KIPP DC: LEAP Academy
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a Leadership and Career Strategist who helps mid and senior level women leaders develop the confidence, competence, and credibility to lead with authenticity and boldness. She has an extensive background in leading multi-disciplinary teams, developing and managing programs, and forming public-private partnerships. She is a college professor with a passion for teaching and mentoring the next generation of leaders. Nicki is an accomplished supervisor, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and over 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting assists companies in expanding their influence and impact by enhancing employee recruitment, increasing employee morale and performance, and decreasing employee turnover. Nicki is a travel and cupcake lover who also enjoys reading, listening to music, and serving her community.
© 2019 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.