During the month of May – National Foster Care Month – we take the time to acknowledge foster parents, family members, volunteers, mentors, policymakers, child welfare professionals, and other members of the community who help children and youth in foster care find permanent homes and connections.
Our Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive has been extended through May 31, 2018. Managers, employees, interns and families can donate, and business may sponsor our drive or donate backpacks and personal hygiene items for teen boys in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters throughout National Foster Care Month. Donations will be delivered to youth serving organizations at the end of the drive.
We are asking you to get involved and donate new and gently used backpacks and only new personal hygiene items for teen boys in group homes, foster homes, and homeless shelters. The new personal hygiene items requested for teen boys are:
- Hand sanitizer
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Backpack™ Drive:
- We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Backpack™ Drive. Churches, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
- We would love to connect with fraternities, men’s ministries and other men’s groups, male mentoring groups, coaches, and sports teams.
- We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers needed!
- We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
- We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of durable large bags are needed.
If you want to host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Backpack™ Drive collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Backpack™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with Packaged for Success.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used backpacks; discard items that are not in good condition.
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Nicki Sanders, CEO.
Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2018
April 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018
Donations may be mailed to: Packaged For Success, 6801 Oak Hall Lane, #6368, Columbia, MD 21045
Thank you in advance for joining us by donating, collecting, and sharing with your professional network.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a travel and cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career development. She has a strong background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished manager, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2018 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.