We live in a highly technological world! How did you make it through the big social media outage of 2021?
Everyone from retired grandparents to middle school students to solopreneurs to Fortune 500 companies were impacted by these major social media sites going down today. Was it hackers, a whistleblower, the military, the CIA, Mark Zuckerburg himself? We likely won’t know the truth behind what really happened or the total damage that was done for quite some time.
I always say, “If you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready”. How have your thoughts or behaviors shifted because of the Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp outages?
Here’s how this situation is relevant to your career:
1. Your job has the power and authority to ‘cancel’ you without warning. You can stay ready by building your brand and collecting your career receipts.
2. Don’t get so attached to your job that you aren’t aware of other options or opportunities available to you.
3. Develop and nurture offline relationships that aren’t dependent on technology that you don’t own or control.
4. Never believe that you’re so high and powerful that you can’t fall.
5. Stay focused on your main goal and purpose.
Once the outages were confirmed, I reopened the opportunity for you to do 1 or all of these 3 things:
1. Invite your family friends to join my email list and community to receive weekly leadership development and career and empowerment tips and strategies.
2. Visit the Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting website where new articles are posted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
3. Share your recommendations for weekly blog and newsletter topics by taking the NSLC Blog and Newsletter Survey.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a Career and Empowerment Strategist who helps high-performing women of color in management go from overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated to energized, well paid, and appreciated. Through Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, she also helps businesses recruit, hire, train, and retain great employees. Nicki has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life she loves. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2021 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.