- Happiness Happens Month
- Black Business Month
- Professional Speakers Month
August is also the last full month of summer. It is my “end of year” as September feels more like the new year to me since I’ve worked on a traditional school schedule since 2000.
I woke early up on yesterday (August 1st) and had extra prayer and journaling time. It was much needed but not planned. It was like my subconscious knew it was a new month and was ready to release and replace.
I’m being more intentional about spreading positivity on my social media platforms – especially Instagram. I shared the following to my Insta Story:
“August 1, 2023
Trust that everything that is coming your way this August is meant to elevate you and bring you closer to your dream. Be ready to receive all the blessings.”
I am ready!!
In the midst of my ‘Try Something New’ Challenge Social Media Video Series this week, I also joined Lashawn Wiltz’s August Eyecandy Photo A Day Challenge.
Here Is My #augusteyecandy Challenge Introduction:
Thanks to my fellow Rough Rider @wineingmomma I learned about @lashawnwiltz #augusteyecandy Photo A Day challenge.
The Beginning 1/31
I’m in Day 2 of my “Try Something New” Challenge and this is a perfect new thing to join.
I’m Nicki Sanders:
- Introvert, Aries, Thinker, Big Picture Planner
- I’m mother to an amazing adult daughter
- Me and Hip Hop turned 50 this year
- I SUPER LOVE New Edition #ne4life
- I love travel and cupcakes (ultimate goal is to have a cupcake in every state)
- I love old school hip hip, 80’s & 90’s R&B, and gospel – Fred Hammond, Babyface, Boys II Men, Jonathan McReynolds
- Reading is the ultimate self-care for me
- I’m a social work professional who encourages prioritizing ourselves because I have experienced professional burnout and compassion fatigue
- My word of the year for 2023 is authenticity
- I am the Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, a Social Work Career Empowerment Coach and Leadership Consultant
My intention is to complete this challenge!
Well, it’s also time for me to set intentions in other areas of my life.
What intentions are you setting for this month? What are your August goals?
“If you want something you’ve never had, you must do something you’ve never done.”
What are you ready and willing to do to level up in your career?
Set up a 15-minute consultation and let’s chat about how I can best support you.
ACTION: Try Something New Social Media Video Series
WHEN: Monday, July 31, 2023 – Friday, August 4, 2023
INVITATION: Join me on the journey and please invite a few friends!
Nicki Sanders, MSW, supports high-performing women of color in social work leadership in developing careers that feed their hearts, minds, and wallets. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams, volunteer recruitment and retention, and social impact programming. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2023 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.