If you know me, you know my business had gone from The Teen Toolbox to Packaged For Success to Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting.
In my current season of reflection and increasing authenticity, I pondered whether it was time for a rebrand. I wondered if it was time to let go of the Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting logo created 3 years ago.
- Does she reflect the image I want people to have of my current business?
- Is the animation unprofessional?
- Are the colors too juvenile?
- Is her attire too conservative?
Let me dive in:
- The design is fun. It rejects the strict boundaries of the social work profession and the “professional” box I had allowed myself to be placed in.
- Her skirt was intentional opposition to business (pants) suits.
- Her pose was meant to display a relaxed demeanor.
- I haven’t worn heels in years, but she’s cute.
I’ve been using the logo much less in my graphics, but I’m not ready to let her go yet.
Flashback Friday: Introducing the New Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting Logo!
My feelings about the state of the nation are not about politics or religion – this is about values and humanity. I do not want to work with or for anyone who doesn’t have the capacity to be empathetic to our pain or who doesn’t consider Black people as human beings deserving of equality evidenced by both their words and actions. This is the dawning of a new day – we will not return to business as usual.
What Does That Have to Do With a Logo?
I would dishonor myself and my values if I didn’t say what was on my heart and mind.
- My new logo is a representation of me!
- My new logo represents a new business chapter with renewed intention and focus.
- My new logo represents authenticity and confidence.
- My new logo represents creativity and credibility.
(Click the link above the read the entire blog)
Are you currently in your own season of reflection and transition? Set up a 15-minute consultation and let’s chat about how I can best support you as you move to your next level.
REMINDER: Today is day 5 of my ‘Try Something New’ Social Media Video Series
Nicki Sanders, MSW, supports high-performing women of color in social work leadership in developing careers that feed their hearts, minds, and wallets. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams, volunteer recruitment and retention, and social impact programming. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2023 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.