Welcome to June 2020!
It’s a new month and I am sitting in expectation of good things happening. I am also putting in work to help usher the good things into my world – that includes the reveal of my new logo.
Why Reveal This Today?
Despite the enthusiasm that generally arrives as the calendar changes to a new month, I cannot ignore the sad state of this country. The year 2020 has been unusually challenging with Covid-19, but the last week in particular has been mentally and emotionally exhausting. So heavy that I considered not revealing my new logo today but decided to press forward. (I explain more in this video)
- In an effort to cover up his rendevouz with a male believed to be a prostitute, Christopher Keys, a married youth pastor in Georgia, claimed that he was carjacked, kidnapped, and held against his will at a hotel by Black men.
- A Florida mother murdered her autistic son but claimed her son was abducted by two Black men.
- Amy Cooper called New York police and made a false report that her life was in danger because a Black man simply asked her to leash her dog in Central Park.
- The brutal murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis ex-police offider Derek Chauvin was caught on camera. Despite pleas for help, three other officers did not intervene. Chauvin was fired but only charged with third-degree murder.
- The Minneapolis coroner claimed that the combined effects of being restrained, potential intoxicants in George Floyd’s system and his underlying health issues, likely contributed to his death although his last breath was caught on video as a grown man had his knee in his neck and he exclaimed that he could not breathe.
- Thousands of protestors around the country have been hurt and arrested in their efforts to bring light to the injustice of police brutality and George Floyd’s murder. Many protests have been hijacked by agitators who began looting and attacking police officers.
What Black people in general are feeling is collective grief and trauma from centuries of physical and systemic abuse and oppression. Although I do not promote violent protests, the truth is that over the years nonviolent protests have been ignored and those who protested nonviolently have been hurt or arrested. I stand by my belief that there has never been an acceptable way for Black people to protest white supremacy and police brutality – from the march from Selma to Montgomery (Bloody Sunday in Alabama) to Colin Kapernick taking a knee during the national anthem.
You Shouldn’t Talk About Politics or Religion as a Business Owner
Here is my truth!
My feelings about the state of the nation are not about politics or religion – this is about values and humanity. I do not want to work with or for anyone who doesn’t have the capacity to be empathetic to our pain or who doesn’t consider Black people as human beings deserving of equality evidenced by both their words and actions. This is the dawning of a new day – we will not return to business as usual.
What Does That Have to Do With a Logo?
I would dishonor myself and my values if I didn’t say what was on my heart and mind.
- My new logo is a representation of me!
- My new logo represents a new business chapter with renewed intention and focus.
- My new logo represents authenticity and confidence.
- My new logo represents creativity and credibility.
Are you ready for the big reveal?
Introducing the New Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting Logo!
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a travel and cupcake lover with an aptitude for authentic connection and career design. She has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and over 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting helps businesses recruit and retain the best employees and helps women in mid-level management design the careers of their dreams.
© 2020 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.