From The Depression Project [@realdepressionproject on Instagram]:
5 Types of Anxiety That Arent’ Talked About Enough
- Helper Fatigue – From putting all of your effort and energy into others while leaving none for yourself.
- Depression Fatigue – From fighting off (and carrying the weight of) negative intrusive thoughts that make you feel shame, numbness, worthlessness, and hopelessness.
- Future Fatigue – From spending so much time working towards a future goal that you neglect your needs in the present (and sabotage your mental health in the process)
- Anxiety Fatigue – From being in constant “flight or fight mode” and never being able to let your guard down and feel properly safe and grounded in the world.
- Compassion Fatigue – From absorbing others; emotions (or even what you hear on the news) and experiencing sensory overload.
You can’t pour from an empty cup.
An empty tank will take you exactly nowhere.
What are you giving to yourself?
This Memorial Day weekend, give yourself permission to release, unplug, rest, be, and celebrate in any way that works best for you.
You don’t have to continue to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. You don’t have to satisfy everyone else’s needs. You don’t have to be the life of the party or the hostess with the ‘mostest’.
Today is the day to become your #1 priority!