It’s That Time of Year Again!! We’re Ready!!
Our 13th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive begins November 1, 2019 and ends December 3, 2019. We are collecting purses (totes and other handbags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. All donations will be delivered before Christmas Day.
- Only new and very gently used purses will be accepted.
- Only new personal hygiene items accepted.
Personal hygiene items requested:
- toothbrush toothpaste mouthwash
- deodorant soap lotion
- feminine hygiene items
We will also accept: shampoo, conditioner, tissue and hand sanitizer
Only new and gently used purses in good condition are accepted. Trendy and stylish purses are good, but dark, solid colors are best. Trial size and regular size personal care items/toiletries are accepted. I’m sorry, NO CLOTHING or SHOES accepted!
- 13th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive: November 1, 2019 – December 3, 2019
- Annual Purse Packing Party: Saturday, December 7, 2019;
Ridgely’s Run Community Center, 8400 Mission Road, Jessup, MD 20794
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Purse™ Holiday Drive.
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Purse™ Drive. Churches, hair salons, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.
If you want to become an Ambassador and host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Purse™ Drive collection success:
- Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
- Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
- Publicize Pack A Purse™ Collaboration — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. It is essential that you acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai Sanders, It’s Productive and Pampered, and/or Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting.
- Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition.
- Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Executive Officer, Nicki Sanders.
Since 2007, JaMai Sanders has organized this annual drive and collected and delivered 7,101 purses (plus hundreds of wallets and cosmetic bags) to 64 organizations over 12 holiday seasons (2007-2018). The need persists. Because of generous givers, we are stepping faithfully into year thirteen.
CONTACT US to become an Ambassador, sponsor, donor, or volunteer.
JOIN US On Social Media:
SAVE THE DATES:
13th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive: November 1, 2019 – December 3, 2019
Purse Packing Party: Saturday, December 7, 2019
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a Leadership and Career Strategist who helps mid and senior level women leaders develop the confidence, competence, and credibility to lead with authenticity and boldness. She has an extensive background in leading multi-disciplinary teams, developing and managing programs, and forming public-private partnerships. She is a college professor with a passion for teaching and mentoring the next generation of leaders. Nicki is an accomplished supervisor, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and over 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting assists companies in expanding their influence and impact by enhancing employee recruitment, increasing employee morale and performance, and decreasing employee turnover. Nicki is a travel and cupcake lover who also enjoys reading, listening to music, and serving her community.