It’s hard to believe that we have been participating in the love and joy of this Christmas tradition for 15 years!
Because of YOU, Pack A Purse™ Drive has collected and distributed 8,128 purses (plus many hundreds of wallets and cosmetic bags) to 71 youth-serving organizations over 14 holiday seasons (2007-2020). Although I hoped and prayed that 2021 would allow us to safely come back together to support teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters at pre-pandemic levels that is not the case. Unfortunately, our Annual Purse Packing Party is canceled for the second year.
The unpredictability of the global coronavirus health pandemic is requiring us to safely shift how we collect and deliver purses again this year. I will not be accepting or delivering used donations or coordinating large groups of volunteers, but we will still support teen girls in foster care. There are 10 agencies that we will support again in 2021. Be aware that some agencies are only accepting new donations and I am requesting that we collect and donate only new purses and backpacks. I will be purchasing new items and making deliveries.
Here are ways you can safely get involved:
- Sponsor an agency – Purchase new donations then visit the agency website and follow their procedures for making/delivering donations directly to the selected agency.
- Host a shower – Follow the baby shower format with your close friends and family if you are comfortable hosting small gatherings and donate directly to a selected agency.
- Become an Ambassador – Collect NEW purses, backpacks, and toiletries from friends and family and deliver them directly to the selected organization.
- Make a financial donation – You can make monetary donations to the Pack A Purse™ Drive through Paypal and I will purchase and deliver NEW items. I will NOT be accepting or delivering used donations this year.
New Pack A Purse™ Drive items requested:
- Feminine Hygiene items (individually wrapped)
- New purses, backpacks, and tote bags
It is my hope that each of these 10 agencies will receive at least 10 filled purses for a total of 100 purses.
- Family and Youth Initiative
- BEST Kids
- Hearts & Homes for Youth
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork
- Prince George’s County Department of Social Services Independent Living Program
- WIN Family Services
- National Center for Children and Families
- Covenant House Washington
- Montgomery County Department of Social Services
Thank you for years of support!! Stay safe!
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a Career and Empowerment Strategist who helps high-performing women of color in management go from overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated to energized, well paid, and appreciated. Through Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, she also helps businesses recruit, hire, train, and retain great employees. Nicki has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life she loves. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2021 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.