April is Child Abuse Prevention Month and the start of our annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive.
We all have different levels of comfort and health related to the coronavirus pandemic, so I am making the decision not to accept or deliver used backpack or duffel bag donations for our Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive. We will still support teen boys in foster care, however.
There are 5 agencies that we support annually for both the Pack A Backpack™ Drive and I hope we can support them again in 2022. Be aware that some agencies are only accepting new donations and I am requesting that we collect and donate only new backpacks. I will be purchasing new items and making deliveries.
Here are ways you can get involved:
- Sponsor an agency – Purchase new donations then visit the agency website and follow their procedures for making/delivering donations directly to the selected agency.
- Host a shower – Follow the baby shower format with your close friends and family if you are comfortable hosting small gatherings and donate directly to a selected agency.
- Become an Ambassador – Collect NEW backpacks, and toiletries from friends and family and deliver them directly to the selected organization.
- Make a financial donation – You can monetary donations to the Pack A Backpack™ Drive through Paypal and I will purchase and deliver NEW items. I will NOT be accepting or delivering used donations this year.
If you choose to follow my recommendations and get involved in safe, new ways this year, the Pack A Backpack™ Drive will be open from April 1, 2022 – May 7, 2022. The 2022 goal is 50 filled backpacks and bags filled.
New Pack A Backpack™ Drive items requested:
- New backpacks and duffel bags
It is my hope that each of these 5 agencies will receive at least 10 filled backpacks for a total of 50 backpacks.
Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2022 Recipient Organizations:
- Hearts & Homes for Youth
- National Center for Children and Families
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork
- Prince George’s County Department of Social Services Independent Living Program
- Covenant House Washington
Nicki Sanders, MSW, ushers high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.