What I learned from Sesame Street is that repetition works. I also learned that brief, clear messages work.
I am here to remind you that you deserve to do work that feeds your heart, mind, and wallet
Social Workers Should Be Paid Well
You paid for your degree, now you deserve to be paid for your expertise.
- You don’t go to work to volunteer.
- You didn’t take a vow of poverty.
- Mission-driven doesn’t mean accept low wages.
- You can be in it for the income and the outcome.
- Stop glorifying financial struggle – these student loans won’t pay themselves.
The options for a long, successful career in social work that you love and that loves you back is available if you are willing to follow your intuition and chart your own path.
- Define success on your own terms.
- Take inventory of your accomplishments, skills, experiences, and talents.
- Stop downplaying your experiences and selling yourself short.
- Stop waiting to be validated and validate yourself.
- Apply to the job, negotiate the salary, apply for the promotion, ask for a raise.
It’s elevation time!
Nicki Sanders, MSW, ushers high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.