Today is the day after the most divisive, disrespectful, and presidential election of my lifetime. I have not seen any news reports and honestly, I’m not ready to. It is a part of my effort to “Protect My Peace”.
It was predicted that we may not know the true election results for days or weeks based on the numbers of mail-in ballots. There have been threats of lawsuits and we’ve already seen attempts to suppress votes in many areas. I pray that we can move forward as a country and finally attack the root cause of the problems in this country and not just the visible (and vile) symptoms – White supremacy, classism, patriarchy, arrogance, and paternalism. (I also think it’s time to do away with the electoral college – but that’s just me!)
Enjoy a few funny election night memes:
- Today feels like the whole county is waiting for an STD result. (super funny to me because I use to work in reproductive health)
- Waiting for election results is like waiting for a grade on a group project. I know I did my part right, but I’m scared yall messed it up. (super funny because I am the professor who always assigns a group project)
- Waiting to get to 270 is like America sitting on Maury to find out paternity results (just foolish – why is Maury still on the airwaves doing paternity tests?)
No matter who “wins” this 2020 presidential election, STAY FOCUSED!
- Stay focused on meeting your career goals.
- Stay focused on enhancing your professional skills.
- Stay focused on strengthening your relationships with family and friends.
- Stay focused on mental, spiritual, and emotional growth.
- Stay focused on improving your physical health and well-being.
- Stay focused on increasing your income.
- Stay focused on making a positive impact in your community.
Take some time today to disconnect from media, detach from coronavirus anxiety, and laugh a little.
Remember that you have the power to choose your response to the results and create a plan of action that works for you. #choosehumanity
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a travel and cupcake lover with an aptitude for authentic connection and career design. She has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and over 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting helps businesses recruit and retain the best employees and helps women in mid-level management design the careers of their dreams.
© 2020 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.