Can we all admit that our comfort zones aren’t really comfortable, they are just familiar? Familiar as in well known from long or close association.
Comfort zones provide a false sense of security. You’re coasting along and thinking that all is well, but is job security even a real thing? You could be fired, laid off, or your company shut down tomorrow!
Change is the only thing in life that is truly constant!
Familiarity and a false sense of security can stall your social work career! If your career isn’t growing, it’s dying!
As a leader, I have:
- Put my own professional development on the back burner but ensured my team continued to develop professionally
- Questioned my entire life as I drove to work to a job that I had outgrown
- Accepted and held on to a job out of fear that I couldn’t earn the money I needed as an entrepreneur
- Hid in the background while pushing my team to the forefront so they could “get the job of their dreams” when they were ready to move on in their careers
- Knew when my staff were struggling because my sleep would be interrupted or I would have dreams about them
Know what all of this (and more) led to? Burnout and compassion fatigue!
I don’t teach what I read, I teach what I know and experience!
If you’re ready to explore, experience, and elevate in your social work career, it’s time to invest in something new!
Career fulfillment is possible. The new job that checks all the boxes is available to you.
- Growth Opportunities
REGISTER today to start the month off with a Career Activation Strategy Session. Let’s get you out of the familiar space that you’ve been suffocating in! Your career is calling!
Nicki Sanders, MSW, ushers high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.