“You can’t pour from an empty cup.”
On Monday I shared that reading is the ultimate in self-care for me and that I have not read a full book for pleasure while quarantined. Later, I realized that I haven’t read a book for pleasure in 2020. I started the year with plans to read ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama. I didn’t complete the first chapter before I shifted my time to preparation for teaching an undergraduate sociology course. Then I went full speed ahead without looking back or taking time to pause. And then you know the rest…
I decided that I will not buy a book to read, I will choose an unread book from my bookshelf. Here are my book choices:
- Becoming – Michelle Obama
- The Science of Getting Rich – Wallace D. Wattles
- Mayor For Life: The Incredible Story of Marion Barry, Jr. – Marion Barry Jr. and Omar Tyree
- The Power To Prosper: 21 Days to Financial Freedom – Michelle Singletary
- 13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don’t Do: Own Your Power, Channel Your Confidence, and Find Your Authentic Voice for a Life of Meaning and Joy – Amy Morin
- Think and Grow Rich A Black Choice – Dennis Kimbro
- Fervent – Priscilla Shirer
- Picture Your Prosperity: Smart Money Moves to Turn Your Vision into Reality – Ellen Rogin and Lisa Kueng
- Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future – Dorie Clark
Which book should I choose?
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a travel and cupcake lover with an aptitude for authentic connection and career design. She has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and over 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting helps businesses recruit and retain the best employees and helps women in mid-level management design the careers of their dreams.
© 2020 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.