Welcome to September!
It’s back to school time! Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer although the first day of fall is September 22, 2022.
I’ve been operating on a school schedule for over two decades, so September really is the start of my new year. Yes, I celebrate January 1st like everyone else around the globe, but my brain and body have adapted a traditional school year schedule.
New Month with New Opportunities!
Did You Know That September Is:
- Self-Care Awareness Month >>> Work where you are energized, well-paid, and appreciated.
- National Preparedness Month >>> If you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready.
- Self-Improvement Month >>> Define career success on your own terms.
- International Update Your Resume Month >>> You are a brand, and your career is your business.
Self-Care is the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one’s own health, well-being, and happiness.
- Take your paid time off.
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Add a new self-care practice to your arsenal.
National Preparedness Month is recognized each September to promote family and community disaster planning now and throughout the year.
- Check the expiration date on the items in your first aid kit.
- Assemble an emergency snack bag with water for your car.
- Purchase new batteries for your flashlight/emergency lighting.
Self-Improvement Month is an opportunity for us to assess how satisfied we are with ourselves and to take the necessary steps to become who we aspire to be.
- Set 3 goals you plan to achieve in September.
- Develop a healthy meal plan for the week.
- Enroll in a free workshop or course.
International Update Your Resume Month is a reminder to revise your resume with your latest skills and achievements.
- Refresh your resume with recent projects.
- Review your resume for errors.
- Quantify the results of your work where possible.
Where are you growing this month?
If you are ready to elevate your career and desire assistance from a Social Work Career Coach, schedule a Career Activation Strategy Session today.
- 31 Ways Social Workers Can Practice Self-Care
- Good Managers Are Prepared For Emergencies
- Make Professional Development A Part of Your Self-Care Plan
- Make a Results-Based Resume a Part of your Career Acceleration Plan
Nicki Sanders, MSW, ushers high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.