The selection of elevation as my word of the year for 2022 was definitely a divine download and I have received so much confirmation that elevation is my path. Elevation as in increase, promotion, advancement, growth, and uplevel your position.
Music is life to me. I listen to music every day and I create music playlists very regularly. I purposefully create a new playlist when I feel like I am moving in a new direction – it’s one that way I maintain the feelings of joy and excitement and also sustain my momentum. There is so much healing power in music.
You know I love New Edition, 80’s hip hop, and 90’s R&B, but I also love Jesus and gospel music. Here is my Elevation 2022 playlist. I didn’t choose songs that were new or that even had the word elevation in the title, rather I chose songs that embody the motion of elevation for me.
- Breathe (featuring Jonathan McReynolds) – Maverick City Music featuring Chandler Moore and Jonathan McReynolds
- Bless Me (Prayer of Jabez) – Donald Lawrence & The Tri City Singers
- Never Be Defeated – Rich Tolbert, Jr.
- Flow to You – Bishop Paul S. Morton, Sr.
- Rise Up – Andra Day
- This Week Live – Anthony Brown & group therAPY
- For My Good – Todd Galberth
- For My Good – Judah Band
- Graduate – Jonathan McReynolds featuring the Hamiltones
- Did you select a word or theme for 2022? I would love to know what it is.
- Do you have a playlist that you’re currently listening to? Feel free to share it.
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request. – 1 Chronicles 4:10
Nicki Sanders, MSW, escorts high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.