Yes, we are still supporting teen boys in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters.
Here are ways you can get involved with Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2022:
- Sponsor an agency – Purchase new donations then visit the agency website and follow their procedures for making/delivering donations directly to the selected agency.
- Host a shower – Follow the baby shower format with your close friends and family if you are comfortable hosting small gatherings and donate directly to a selected agency.
- Become an Ambassador – Collect NEW backpacks, and toiletries from friends and family and deliver directly to the selected organization.
- Make a financial donation – You can monetary donations to the Pack A Backpack™ Drive through Paypal and I will purchase and deliver NEW items. I will NOT be accepting or delivering used donations this year.
NEW Pack A Backpack™ Drive items requested:
- New backpacks and duffel bags
The goal is 10 filled backpacks for our 5 agencies for a total of 50 backpacks.
- Hearts & Homes for Youth
- National Center for Children and Families
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork
- Prince George’s County Department of Social Services Independent Living Program
- Covenant House Washington
The last day to donate items and financial contributions is May 4, 2022. Items will be delivered in May during National Foster Care Month.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, ushers high-performing women of color in mid-level social work and human services leadership through promotion to senior leadership. As Founder and CEO of Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, her mission is simple – to eliminate toxic workplaces by developing skilled, empathetic, and goal-oriented leaders who have the vision, support, and resources to create a culture where business prospers, and employees thrive individually and collectively. Nicki has an extensive background in nonprofit management leading high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life and career aligned with her values and purpose. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2022 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.