Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy – meditate on those things.
We had so many great hopes and plans in 2019 as we planned to enter the new year and new decade of 2020. Obviously 2020 didn’t get the memo. Despite the uncertain times we are currently experiencing I still remain hopeful. I believe that God is in control and the best is yet to come.
Today as I celebrate my birthday with social distancing, I want to share with you 20 things that I am grateful for in 2020.
I Am Grateful For:
- A relationship with Christ that sustains and uplifts me
- Life, health and strength
- Loving and supportive family and friends
- A home that keeps me safe and warm
- A car that allows me to get to all the places I need and want to be
- A good night’s sleep
- A professional network that challenges, encourages, and supports me
- A wardrobe that allows me to dress for the weather and my mood
- Quiet time for self-reflection and self-discovery
- Hope and faith during these challenging times (trouble won’t last always)
- Education and work experience that allows me to design a career that I love
- Clients that allow me to support them on their career journey
- Food to eat (including delicious cupcakes)
- Good music
- Quiet nights in my neighborhood
- Spring weather
- The ability to earn an income from home
- The opportunity to teach the next generation of human services professionals
- The capacity to think for myself
- The opportunity to learn and develop both personally and professionally
I am indeed grateful, thankful, and blessed! Happy Birthday to me!
What are you grateful for today?
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a travel and cupcake lover with an aptitude for authentic connection and career design. She has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has merged her Master of Social Work degree and over 20 years of diverse work experience into a thriving business. Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting helps businesses recruit and retain the best employees and helps women in mid-level management design the careers of their dreams.
© 2020 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.