Congratulations to the 46th President of the United States of America, Joseph R. Biden, Jr., and Vice President Kamala Harris, the first woman and woman of color to hold that position. This dynamic duo is exactly what we need and deserve at this time.
Despite the lies and tantrum of 45, the extreme division in the country, the unprecedented security, and a global health pandemic that has taken the lives of 400,000 Americans, we celebrate!
The history and herstory of the 59th Presidential Inauguration is profound, powerful, and worth of every photo, article, social media post, television interview, and conversation!
Why do we acknowledge and celebrate this mementous occasion?
- Because we understand the beauty, significance, and redemption of this moment.
- Because we understand the intentional inclusion and connection for millions who have been abused, ignored, and silenced.
- Because we understand the power of gender and ethnic representation.
- Because we see that the glass ceiling continues to shatter.
- Because we needed a collective exhale and unified party after enduring 5 years of trauma and hate.
- Because we understand that politics impacts every part of life and now we have a level political playing field.
- Because celebrating this president and vice president doesn’t equate to idolatry. Celebrating this transition of power doesn’t mean that you have turned your back on Christ. For many who have spent the last five years filled with fear, sadness, and hopelessness, celebrating this administration is about celebrating diversity, possibility, culture, and equality – on earth where we live today.
During this reset, I need Americans to realize that life is not always black and white and is most often filled with a lot of gray. I need us to know that we can live without absolute political agreement and disagreement. We can choose our acceptance and votes based on issues and not on people or political parties. We do not need or want another cult.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, CEO, is a Career and Empowerment Strategist who helps high-performing women of color in management go from overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated to energized, well paid, and appreciated. Through Nicki Sanders Leadership Consulting, she also helps businesses recruit, hire, train, and retain great employees. Nicki has an extensive background in developing and managing successful programs and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams. She is an accomplished professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has combined her gift for authentic relationships, Master of Social Work degree, and over 20 years of diverse work experience to create a life she loves. Nicki is a lover of cupcakes, travel, and 80’s hip hop and R&B music.
© 2021 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.