Happy New Year…Again!
The start of a new year welcomes in the potential of 365 days of opportunity, excitement, and improvement. Whether we are creating a vision board, writing goals in a journal, or making New Year’s Resolutions, most of us have something specific we are planning to do or someone we want to become or someplace we want to go or some amount of money we want to earn. Don’t forget to enjoy the present while you anticipate and plan for the future.
What are you most looking forward to in 2018?
I won’t be watching the Winter Olympics or the Roseanne reboot. I won’t be anywhere near a stadium with Taylor Swift. I can pretty much guarantee that I will be inside during the Supermoon Blue Moon Total Lunar Eclipse this month. I’m not excited about a Royal Wedding or a Royal Baby or a Kardashian Baby. I think it’s great that Fixer Upper’s Chip and Joanna Gaines are having baby number five but that isn’t one of the things I’m most looking forward to in 2018 either.
Here are 18 things I’m looking forward to in 2018:
- 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1968
- Mid-term Elections
- Finalizing a seminar for internship managers and supervisors
- Helping new clients launch or improve internship programs
- Working with new interns
- Reintroducing my career development coaching services
- Facilitating new career development workshops
- Co-leading a professional development class for undergraduate and graduate social work students
- Sharing more of my professional experiences on this blog
- Marvel’s Black Panther movie
- A Wrinkle In Time movie
- New music from Jonathan McReynolds
- The New Edition Family Tour (ok maybe this is a really big HOPE)
- A second season of Flip or Flop Fort Worth on HGTV
- Cupcake of the Month excursions
- Practicing better self-care (personally and professionally)
- My milestone birthday
- Success on my own terms
18 Reasons I Love Social Work
Nicki Sanders is a cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career development. She has a strong background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished manager, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2018 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.