Social Workers help people in need but how that help is provided depends on the individual. Social workers at the micro level work with individuals. Macro social workers institute change with large systems. Mezzo practice is used for small groups such as neighborhoods.
Social Work is a very diverse profession. The career options are limitless. Whether you want to be an employee or an entrepreneur, or you want to be a clinician or an administrator, the professional doors are open to you.
Here Are 31 Things You Can Do With A Social Work Degree:
- Case Manager
- Community Outreach Worker
- Probation Officer
- Eligibility Worker
- Human Services Specialist
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Employee Assistance Program Counselor
- Victim Services Advocate
- Director of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Director of Development
- Veteran’s Affairs Social Worker
- Executive Director
- Public Policy Analyst
- Housing Specialist
- Public child welfare agencies
- Adoption and foster care agencies
- Residential facilities
- Nursing homes
- Child care centers
- Community mental health centers
- Psychiatric hospitals
- Day treatment centers
- Jails and prisons
- Advocacy organizations
- Development corporations
- Community centers
- Local, state, and federal government
- Community associations
Of course, this list is not exhaustive of all the ways a Social Worker can change the world. Want to learn more?
Social Work Students and New Social Work Professionals
JOIN two experienced social workers after May graduation and final exams to learn more about launching a successful social work career. Laila El-Asmar, LCSW-C, and I will host a career workshop for new social workers in the month of May. We will provide strategies and resources to help you determine your next steps, stay abreast of new knowledge, and build your social work career on a strong foundation. You will also have the opportunity to network with other emerging professionals. Our social work career workshop will be held in Rockville, MD.
STAY CONNECTED for workshop registration information.
Check out my 2018 Social Work Month Blog Series where I interviewed 7 amazing social workers about their social work education and careers.
- Social Work Month Interview with Anim Aweh, MSW, ACSW
- Social Work Month Interview with Tacarra Cook, BSW, MA
- Social Work Month Interview with Andrea Imafidon, LMSW, LCSW
- Social Work Month Interview with Susan Shewchuk, LCSW-C
- Social Work Month Blog Interview with Sydney Wilson, MSW
- Social Work Month Interview with Ebony Davis, MPA, MSW, LCSW-C
- Social Work Month Interview with Laila El-Asmar, LCSW-C
Nicki Sanders, MSW, is a travel and cupcake lover with a passion for self-discovery and career development. She has a strong background in developing and managing interns and successful internship programs. She is an accomplished manager, professor, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Master of Social Work degree and 20 years of diverse work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2018 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.